Thursday, October 11, 2012

New kayak - on a trailer

Look a bit further down to my post about G.A.S. I might have cured it this time. Yeah right.
This is kayak number 6 for me, a 2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14. I had a trailer already and with the trailer the size and weight of the kayak doesn't really matter. This is the heaviest kayak I've had, but with the trailer it's the easiest to load and unload. Just about everything I need fits in the front and center hatches. I just grab the ice chest and rods and I'm ready to go fishing. What I like most about the mirage drive is that you can fish while you are moving, no swapping paddles for rods. I've drunk the Kool-Aid and I'm glad I did!


I pull it with my '03 VW Jetta TDI diesel. 37mpg with the trailer, 45 without it. More info: http://myvwtdi.blogspot.com/



No comments: